Yearbook Redemption

• This is a good time to briefly remind you what my audio play obsession is about, whether you're a veteran who has heard some of them before, or you're a forum newcomer, because strangely, this is the first audio play I have ever uploaded to this new forum.

My obsession began with my franchise fandom, and while it started out a lot more experimental, I quickly got used to just making these audio shorts based on anything and everything I could find, as long as it was appropriate.

So, slowly, the whole "just want to experiment with the chipmunk voice technique" shtick I had at the beginning wore off, and I started making more audio plays solely out of habit.

Whether it's to fulfill a request to fully adapt a script written by somebody else, or to adapt a self-written script just pitched by somebody else and it sounded interesting enough to me, I would always be there to make an audio short on it.

But after a certain point, some of them wouldn't even count as "shorts" anymore simply because of their length. Granditamias on the forum even once jokingly called them "audio longs".

Either way, even though it wasn't initially my intention, these audio plays would soon end up having underlying messages that would benefit at least one person, just like everything else in media.

Then we come to Yearbook Redemption and...

I'm that person.

Yeah, surprising, but the point is that I made this audio play for me. I wanted to add in as many underlying aesops that would personally benefit me and get me to stop doing some of that jerkwad behavior that I've had for practically my whole entire life!

And if it ultimately gets me to stop doing so, then I have completely done my job.

On top of that, this is also the longest audio play I have ever done, clocking in at just over 1 hour and 15 minutes! And I don't think that record will ever be broken.

The script to this audio play has been a collaboration between me and Torchu212, which as of this writing, hasn't yet joined the forum. And additional credit to Granditamias for voicing Warren and Dangus near the end.

Yearbook Redemption on Google Drive

• This is such a great exaggerated version of the events in Alvinnn with a heartwarming payoff at the end! The music is phenomenal and the voice acting for the characters is pretty well done! I can tell it was made with love!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!