Fake AATC movie posters

• For a long time, even before Road Chip, I have seen quite a few fan-made posters and pitches for additional AATC films. I know some of these can cause a lot of harm if not presented correctly, but i still think there is an allure to these fake posters. Either to show the ease of spotting a fake, or just showing off the creative talent of the fans.

The first one I want to mention is Fun on the Moon, which has been in the fandom for over a decade and even has a few fake teaser trailers for it on YouTube. I think I remember that the original version of The Munkcast once mentioned it. You can definitely tell that the space suit is fake because of how choppy the outline looks. Though I do respect the effort since getting Alvin into a space suit probably was not easy. I also think it’s worth pointing out how the title does not have a rodent pun like the titles of the official movies. You have SQUEAKuel, CHIPwrecked, Road CHIP, and then Fun on the Moon breaks that formula, and is an easy way to spot a fake. I would say going to space would be jumping the shark for this movie series, but then again Fast and Furious 9 went to space. If I had to be extra constructively criticizing though, the bright yellow text for the subname on the white plaque makes it really hard to read.

Then there’s this one which is what started me down this rabbit hole. It steals its title from one of the Hobbit movies, and the subname is red like the title but is in the wrong font. Though to be fair, none of the official movies have matched the subname font with that of the main logo which is Gill Sans Extra Bold. What’s really weird is the tagline “The Chipmunks are turned before…” uh WTF does that mean? Overall this is still more convincing than Fun on the Moon, mostly on the basis that it leaves the CGI renders of The Chipmunks untouched. As they’ve been used on all 4 movies and Fox never bothered to make new ones.

These pictures inspired me to make a more convincing fake poster to make fun of this trend in the fanbase. Like the previous one I stole the subname from a popular movie, in this case one that has yet to be released as of the time I’m posting this. You can tell I was a little biased since I like prehistoric animals and imagined this being tied into my theories about chipmunk evolution and their ancient history. I used the matching font for the subname, though I could have gotten away with a new one and in hindsight I should have made it stand out more. Oh yeah, and the tagline makes sense while also being cryptic. Honestly I only spent 20 minutes making this, but I’d love to know what you all think. And if you wanna make your own fake poster, post it in this thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!