Alvinnn!!! and The Chipmunks: Tamian Mysteries

• This isn't something you'd know about me if you've mainly been following my YouTube channel, but I do write Alvin and The Chipmunks fanfiction. I got my start on the old forum playing the original version of the "Post Something an AATC Character Would Say" game, and eventually started writing all by myself. Writing fanfiction was something I had wanted to get into since before I joined the fan community, because as I was coming up with my theories about chipmunk evolution, I imagined how it could build up a mythos to the franchise. If there are other chipmunks out there, how long have they existed? What did they did they accomplish? What was their relationship with humans? And perhaps most importantly, how would the Seville brothers and Miller sisters react to learning all that? And so in late 2019, I started to plan out a series, and further refined my ideas about the history of chipmunks as a species.

Alvinnn!!! and The Chipmunks: Tamian Mysteries is set in the world of the CGI series and expands on it in many aspects. The main characters are given origin stories that do not contradict what little the series has given so far (though if that does change I will still stick to my original vision). In fact, I have adhered strongly to the official continuity in order to make Tamian Mysteries feel like a sister-series that could exist alongside it. In addition to references from the official series, some of which affect the plot of individual episodes, I have also incorporated characters and storyline elements from previous iterations of the franchise, such as the 60s and 80s series. Some of the references are pretty deep-cut. Most of the series centers on a main plot surrounding the titular Tamians, however, there is a secondary plot which introduces a major new character. And there is one "breather episode" in the first season that is more lighthearted for pacing reasons. It is slightly more mature than the official series, but only for action and more dramatic themes. Like, kids might still enjoy it, but there are instances where characters' lives are on the line. As the title implies, there are mysteries in this show. It's not to the same extent as Sherlock Holmes, but readers will have to mentally work for some answers. There’s some clever foreshadowing and each episode gives just enough answers for certain questions while also setting up others.

The story of the first season (10 chapters (treated as episodes)) follows The Chipmunks and The Chipettes after the former group discovers a mysterious book. Through a trail of clues, they learn about an ancient culture of chipmunks called the Tamians, while inadvertently setting into motion the scheme of an old enemy. The Chipmunks also uncover secrets to their origin story which culminate in some big reveals in the last few episodes. Throughout it all, Alvin leads the team and begins to mature as a result.

I am currently halfway through writing the second season, though I don’t get a lot of time to write due to making videos and my personal life. And I tend to think long and hard about the dialogue to make sure everyone is in-character. My plans are constantly undergoing revisions in terms of things such as specific character arcs, but I do know where I want the story to go and how I want to end it. I’ve been sharing this series with two consultants since I started, and they both really enjoy it. Not only do they think the characters are written more consistently than the actual series, but they also like how it isn’t formulaic and there are twists and turns to keep things fresh. Theodore in particular is given more to do, and he isn’t the easily manipulated baby like he is in the series.

With how crazy this fandom is, it can be really hard to find fanfiction that respects the characters and source material, and doesn’t just exploit them for some personal fantasy or arbitrarily put them in a scenario “just cuz itz cool”. I may be limiting myself in many ways by treating Tamian Mysteries more like a TV series in its own right, but in order to get people to take my concept of chipmunks as a species seriously, I needed to disguise it as a story that earns the respect of the reader by developing the characters and offering something you wouldn’t be able to get in any other AATC fanfiction. Not to boast, but I highly recommend you check this story out. I guarantee you will be hooked by the end of the first chapter.

AATC: Tamian Mysteries (Season 1)

• I have posted the first episode of the second season of Tamian Mysteries. The next several episodes have already been written but will be released slowly so they don’t catch up with the last few episodes I have yet to write. If you haven’t finished reading the first season yet, I recommend doing so, as virtually every aspect of the series is addressed at the start of season 2.

AATC: Tamian Mysteries (Season 2)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!